This past week has left me feeling nothing short of failure. I know we've all been there. Be it hormonal after my lost pregnancy (btw-talk about a hormonal roller coaster), or my realization of the gaps in my ability-I have felt the sting of failure. It goes something like this....
Why couldn't my body keep this pregnancy?
Why don't I do crafts every day with Ingrid?
Why did that new recipe suck? Maybe I suck.
Why can't my art be what I want it to be?
Why is Ingrid's frustration being played out in bigger and bolder ways?
Why have I never taken my child to a water park?
....and so on. You get the point. The heart and mind don't always agree, and sometimes my heart is illogical. I know I am a good mom, but I also know I have weakness's.
So in honor of the challenge I faced this week of not feeling like I'm doing enough, or being enough-I decided to make a short list for the remaining month of June. I am challenging myself to take on new experiences as an individual and as a mom, and here they are.
1. Once a week I will attempt to do a craft with Ingrid. This week, a kitty face. I plan on making it out of a paper plate, construction paper, and pipe cleaner. If you know of any good craft sights for kids-share please!
2. I will take Ingrid to a NEW park, instead of the same one we always go to.
3. Weather permitting, I will fill up the pool and let Ingrid play in it.
4. We will turn off the TV more, and turn on music more.
5. Library, once a week!
6. We will not obsess over Ingrid's eating habits. Dinner time will be fun, and we will not equate our ability as parents based on what she will and won't eat.
I think I made myself a very doable list. It's hard for me, a routine girl, to step outside of our routine and experience new things- little as they may seem. But it's important. As for this girl.....she is increasingly full of spunk, pep, and anything else a cheer leader might have. She is doing just fine.