Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Red Pasta Primevera

I was sitting on the couch yesterday (watching Rachael Ray while Ingrid napped), wondering what to make for dinner.  Rachael's food always looks delicious to me, and this meal looked so quick and easy I just had to make it.  So I called up my momma to come over and hang out while Ingrid slept so that I could run to the store.  I changed up a few ingredients to meet our needs (and budget...fresh herbs are expensive!), and it turned out delish!  I love finding inexpensive, healthy vegetarian recipes!








































INGREDIENTS
*Whole wheat penne
*1 small zucchini
*1 red bell pepper
*1 carrot
*a few green onions
*2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 handful of grated parm. cheese
*olive oil
*butter
*Italian herbs
*a pinch of red pepper flakes
*S & P

DIRECTIONS

1.  Bring salted water to a boil.  When water is boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente.

2.  Cube zucchini, carrot, pepper, and onions.  Set aside.

3.  Heat EVOO over medium high heat, and add garlic.  Cook until slightly done.  Add vegetables and let cook out for a few minutes.  After vegetables have had time to cook, add herbs and spices to taste.  Let cook until carrots are tender.

4.  Once veggies are cooked through, drain pasta and add it to the vegetables.  Stir to combine and add cheese.  Ta-Da!

Super healthy, super tasty, super cheap.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment