Saturday, July 17, 2010

DIY BIRTHDAY

Since my next 4 weeks will be filled with obsessive behavior to find boxes (good boxes, not cheap one's), packing away all our belongings in those boxes, moving them to our new house, unpacking, settling etc...SO I decided to get a head start on planning Ingrid Nightingale's 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY (what!?).  So far Michael and I made her trial birthday cake (and it is by far my very favorite cake ever....ever...ever-I will post pictures when the time comes!), and today I made her birthday invitations.  I love making cards, but whenever you do them in large volumes it becomes rather tedious.  However this time around, I enjoyed making every single card!  I thought a lot about the day Ingrid was born, and the hard and tiring weeks that followed where her first birthday seemed a lifetime away.  I love that little tike!  Here are a few pictures of my DIY birthday invitations....

Each one unique...


Okay, so I'm really not a perfectionist...


1 comment: